Overcome Academy Motto
“LEAD ALWAYS AND OVERCOME ALL.”
I will lead always and overcome all. I will lead myself and I will lead others. I will set the example in all I do. I will be disciplined and relentless in the pursuit of my new mission statement. I will overcome any adversity in my path. Whether I go over it, under it, around it or through it, I will get to the other side. I will be the next greatest generation.
Each warrior is chosen through a diligent application process and will be required to sign an agreement that they will commit to the following curriculum and all Academy requirements:
- Identify their new mission statement and steps to accomplish it
- Select a leadership position within their community and hold that position for a minimum of 6 months
- Speak at a public school within their community
- Speak for the public or private company selected as an Overcome Academy warrior sponsor
- Option to complete a tandem skydive jump as part of Jumping for a Purpose
Consideration for the Overcome Academy is a three-step process:
- Complete the application by clicking the button above.
- Submit a three-minute video of yourself. This does not need to be a professional video. Your video should include the following content:
- Introduce yourself
- Branch of service, military job and highest rank held
- Brief description of injury and incident that caused the injury
- Why you want to attend the Overcome Academy and what you hope to achieve from the program
- Why you would be a good candidate for this program
- Submit a letter of recommendation. This can be from a boss, community leader, pastor/minister, former military leader or coworker. It should include the reasons they believe you would be a good candidate for the Overcome Academy and why they believe you have the aptitude to complete this program.